Looking for a great internship experience?
Environmental Education / Outdoor Recreation Internship
Gain valuable experience and have fun as a contributing member of the staff at Prairie Woods ELC, in scenic Spicer, Minnesota. Prairie Woods is a dynamic organization with a creative, dedicated staff. A Prairie Woods internship offers diverse experiences in environmental education and outdoor recreation, as well as connections with a community of educators who support your learning process.
- Deliver programs to diverse groups, pre-school through senior citizen;
- Assist with and lead EE activities such as Pond Study, Birds, Agriculture, Native Cultures, Insects Safari, Predator & Prey, and many more;
- Teach and supervise canoeing, xc skiing, snowshoeing, orienteering, geocaching and more;
- Train to work on the Challenge Course, with high events and a climbing wall;
- Assist with materials, equipment, curriculum, and background research;
- Assist with trail work and stewardship of building & grounds;
- Complete a special project based on personal interests and skills.
Internships are available for the spring and summer seasons.
- At least one year of college or university study in a relevant field;
- Experience working with children or young people;
- Love of the outdoors, and sharing the outdoors with others;
- Knowledge of nature and awareness of environmental issues;
- Ability to do physically strenuous outdoor activities.
Applications are now being accepted for 2017 session.
E-mail Kory with a letter of interest and resume.